Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the The Bernicia Chronicles series.
- #1: The Serpent Sword (The Bernicia Chronicles #1) (Hardcover): $28.95
- #2: The Cross and the Curse (The Bernicia Chronicles #2) (Paperback): $12.95
- #3: Blood and Blade (Bernicia Chronicles #3) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #5: Warrior of Woden (Bernicia Chronicles #5) (MP3 CD): $14.99
- #6: Storm of Steel (The Bernicia Chronicles #6) (Paperback): $15.95
- #7: Fortress of Fury (The Bernicia Chronicles #7) (Paperback): $15.95
- #8: For Lord and Land (The Bernicia Chronicles #8) (Hardcover): $29.95
AD 636, Anglo-Saxon Britain: Beobrand has land, men, and riches. He should be content. And yet he cannot find peace until his enemies are food for the ravens. But before Beobrand can embark on his bloodfeud, King Oswald orders him southward, to escort holy men bearing sacred relics. When Penda of Mercia marches a warhost into the southern kingdoms, Beobrand and his men are thrown into the midst of the conflict. Beobrand soon finds himself fighting for his life and his honor. In the chaos that grips the south, dark secrets are exposed, bringing into question much that Beobrand had believed true. Can he unearth the answers and exact the vengeance he craves? Or will the blood-price prove too high, even for a warrior of his battle-fame and skill?
About the Author
Matthew Harffy is the author of the Bernicia Chronicles.
"Murder, betrayal and vengeance fuel tribal warfare and personal combat. Beobrand is the warrior to follow." —David Gilman
"Historical fiction doesn't get much better than this." —Angus Donald, author of The Outlaw Chronicles
"Matthew Harffy’s tale of England in the Dark Ages is nothing less than superb." —Historical Novel Society