Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Wild Cards series.
- #1: Wild Cards I: Expanded Edition (Paperback): $31.99
- #2: Wild Cards II: Aces High: Aces High (Paperback): $27.99
- #3: Wild Cards III: Jokers Wild (Paperback): $21.99
- #4: Wild Cards IV: Aces Abroad (Paperback): $18.99
- #5: Wild Cards V: Down and Dirty (Paperback): $32.99
- #6: Wild Cards VI: Ace in the Hole (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #7: Wild Cards VII: Dead Man's Hand (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: Wild Cards VIII: One-Eyed Jacks: (Book One of the Rox Triad) (Paperback): $31.99
- #9: Wild Cards IX: Jokertown Shuffle: (Book Two of the Rox Triad) (Paperback): $18.99
- #11: Wild Cards XI: Dealer's Choice: Book Three of the Rox Triad (Paperback): $19.99
- #13: Inside Straight: A Wild Cards Novel (Book One of the Committee Triad) (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #14: Busted Flush: A Wild Cards Novel (Paperback): $27.99
- #15: Suicide Kings: A Wild Cards Novel (Paperback): $29.99
- #16: Fort Freak: A Wild Cards Novel (Paperback): $29.99
- #17: Lowball: A Wild Cards Mosaic Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #18: High Stakes: A Wild Cards Novel (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #19: Mississippi Roll: A Wild Cards Novel (Paperback): $18.99
- #20: Low Chicago: A Wild Cards Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
- #22: Knaves Over Queens: A Wild Cards novel (Hardcover): $29.99
- #23: Joker Moon (Wild Cards #23) (Hardcover): $29.99
- #24: Death Draws Five (Wild Cards #24) (Hardcover): $29.99
- #29: Three Kings: A Wild Cards Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
Deuces Down is the next Wild Cards anthology collection about George R. R. Martin's alternate superhero history
An anthology about the Wild Cards who are underestimated, overlooked: the Deuces. But it’s the quiet ones you have to watch out for.
In this revised collection of classic Wild Cards stories, the spotlight is on the most unusual Wild Cards of them all—the Deuces, people with minor superpowers. But their impact on the world should not be underestimated, as we see how they’ve affected the course of Wild Cards’ alternate history. This collection also features exclusive art to accompany these stories.
In Deuces Down, iconic celebrities and landmark events are seen in a whole new light, such as John Jos. Miller’s exciting 1969 World Series between the Baltimore Orioles and the Brooklyn Dodgers; Michael Cassutt’s first moon landing, when the world wasn’t watching; Walter Simons’ Great New York City Blackout of 1977; and Melinda M. Snodgrass’s account of Grace Kelly’s mysterious disappearance during the filming of The French Lieutenant’s Woman.
Edited by George R. R. Martin and Melinda M. Snodgrass, Deuces Down also features brand-new stories from Carrie Vaughn, Mary Anne Mohanraj, and Caroline Spector.
Being developed for TV!
Rights to develop Wild Cards have been acquired by Universal Cable Productions, the team behind The Magicians and Mr. Robot, with the co-editor of Wild Cards, Melinda M. Snodgrass, as executive producer.
The Wild Cards Universe
The Original Triad
#1 Wild Cards
#2 Aces High
#3 Jokers Wild
The Puppetman Quartet
#4: Aces Abroad
#5: Down and Dirty
#6: Ace in the Hole
#7: Dead Man’s Hand
The Rox Triad
#8: One-Eyed Jacks
#9: Jokertown Shuffle
#10: Dealer’s Choice
#11: Double Solitaire
#12: Turn of the Cards
The Card Sharks Triad
#13: Card Sharks
#14: Marked Cards
#15: Black Trump
#16: Deuces Down
#17: Death Draws Five
The Committee Triad
#18: Inside Straight
#19: Busted Flush
#20: Suicide Kings
American Hero (ebook original)
The Fort Freak Triad
#21: Fort Freak
#23: High Stakes
The American Triad
#24: Mississippi Roll
#25: Low Chicago
#26: Texas Hold 'Em
#27: Knaves Over Queens
About the Author
George R. R. Martin has been a full-time writer for over 25 years. He is the author of the acclaimed, internationally bestselling fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire, which is the basis of HBO's popular Game of Thrones television series. Martin has won multiple science fiction awards, including 4 Hugos, 2 Nebulas, the Bram Stoker, the Locus Award, the World Fantasy Award, the Daedelus, the Balrog, and the Daikon (Japanese Hugo).
Praise for the Wild Cards series
“Perhaps the most original and provocative of the shared worlds books.” —Peter S. Beagle, author of The Last Unicorn
"Delicious...Everything I hoped for in a new Wild Cards book. The character interactions and plot twists have exactly the complexity, surprise, and unsentimental realism I'd expect out of a George R. R. Martin project." —Austin Grossman, author of Soon I Will be Invincible on Inside Straight
“This is a wild ride of good, blood-pumping fun that packs a surprisingly emotional punch for a book that looks on the surface like just another superhero adventure.” — Publishers Weekly on High Stakes
“Emotionally powerful. Wild Cards deals up the variety of short fiction without losing the continuity of a novel.”—The Seattle Times
“A delightfully imaginative speculation.”—The Toronto Star
“Longtime fans will enjoy surprise appearances by previous notables, sometimes in drastically altered circumstances, and this entry also works well as a standalone. It’s a treat for any fan of superhero stories.” — Publishers Weekly on Low Chicago
“The shared-world series known as Wild Cards has had a long and illustrious history of contributors and achievements.” —SciFi.com
“New readers and fans of the long-running series will both love the fast-paced plotting and the ever-expanding history of the Wild Card virus on this alternate Earth, where even the superheroes are human.” —Shelf Awareness on Lowball
“Highly recommended.” — SFRevu on Lowball