Other Books in Series
This is book number 20 in the Dan Lenson Novels series.
- #1: The Med: A Dan Lenson Novel (Dan Lenson Novels #1) (Paperback): $29.99
- #2: The Gulf (Dan Lenson #2) (Compact Disc): $29.99
- #3: The Circle: A Dan Lenson Novel (Dan Lenson Novels #3) (Paperback): $29.99
- #4: The Passage: A Dan Lenson Novel (Dan Lenson Novels #4) (Paperback): $29.99
- #9: The Threat: A Dan Lenson Novel (Dan Lenson Novels #9) (Paperback): $22.99
- #10: Korea Strait: A Novel (Dan Lenson Novels #10) (Paperback): $22.99
- #13: The Towers: A Dan Lenson Novel of 9/11 (Dan Lenson Novels #13) (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #14: The Cruiser: A Dan Lenson Novel (Dan Lenson Novels #14) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #15: Tipping Point: The War with China - The First Salvo (Dan Lenson Novels #15) (Paperback): $29.99
- #16: Onslaught: The War with China - The Opening Battle (Dan Lenson Novels #16) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #17: Hunter Killer: The War with China: The Battle for the Central Pacific (Dan Lenson #17) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #18: Deep War: The War with China--The Nuclear Precipice (Dan Lenson Novels #18) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #19: Overthrow: The War with China and North Korea--Fall of an Empire (Dan Lenson Novels #19) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #21: Arctic Sea: A Dan Lenson Novel (Dan Lenson Novels #21) (Hardcover): $28.99
World War III is over… or is it? Superpowers race to fill the postwar power vacuum in this page-turning thriller, the next in the Dan Lenson series.
In the next installment of David Poyer’s critically-acclaimed series about war with China, mutual exhaustion after a massive nuclear exchange is giving way to a Violent Peace.
While Admiral Dan Lenson motorcycles across a post-Armageddon US in search of his missing daughter, his wife Blair Titus lands in a spookily deserted, riot-torn Beijing to negotiate the reunification of Taiwan with the rest of China, and try to create a democratic government.
But a CIA-sponsored Islamic insurgency in Xianjiang province is hurtling out of control. Andres Korzenowski, a young case officer, must decide whether ex-SEAL Master Chief Teddy Oberg—now the leader of a ruthless jihad—should be extracted, left in place, or terminated.
Meanwhile, Captain Cheryl Staurulakis and USS Savo Island are recalled to sea, to forestall a Russian fleet intent on grabbing a resource-rich Manchuria.
The violent and equivocal termination of the war between China and the Allies has brought not peace, but dangerous realignments in the endless game of great power chess. Will the end of one world war simply be the signal for the beginning of another?
About the Author
DAVID POYER's sea career included service in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, Arctic, Caribbean, and Pacific. He's the author of over forty novels and works of nonfiction including the War with China series: Tipping Point, Onslaught, Hunter Killer, and Deep War. Poyer's work has been required reading in the Literature of the Sea course at the U.S. Naval Academy, along with that of Joseph Conrad and Herman Melville. He lives on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
"Evocative prose is a plus, and the ending opens new territory to explore in coming volumes. This is a series like no other in the military thriller genre."
—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“Another fast-paced adventure…One of Poyer’s trademarks is to transport the reader from the highest strategic levels (peace negotiations and presidential maneuvering) to the tactical level (the bridge of a warship or a raggedy rebel squad setting an ambush).”