Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the A Mitford Novel series.
- #1: At Home in Mitford: A Novel (A Mitford Novel #1) (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: A Light in the Window (A Mitford Novel #2) (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: These High, Green Hills (A Mitford Novel #3) (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: Out to Canaan (A Mitford Novel #4) (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: A New Song (A Mitford Novel #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: A Common Life (A Mitford Novel #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: In This Mountain (A Mitford Novel #7) (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: Shepherds Abiding (A Mitford Novel #8) (Paperback): $16.00
- #9: Light from Heaven (A Mitford Novel #9) (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: Home to Holly Springs (A Mitford Novel #10) (Paperback): $17.00
- #11: In the Company of Others (A Mitford Novel #11) (Paperback): $17.00
- #12: Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good: The New Mitford Novel (A Mitford Novel #12) (Paperback): $17.00
- #14: To Be Where You Are (A Mitford Novel #14) (Paperback): $16.00
#1 New York Time bestselling author Jan Karon delivers the wedding that millions of Mitford fans have waited for. It’s a June day in the mountains, with more than a few creatures great and small, and you’re invited—because you’re family.
Over the course of ten Mitford novels, fans have kept a special place in their hearts for Dooley Kavanagh, first seen in At Home in Mitford as a barefoot, freckle-faced boy in filthy overalls.
Now, Father Tim Kavanagh’s adopted son has graduated from vet school and opened his own animal clinic. Since money will be tight for a while, maybe he and Lace Harper, his once and future soul mate, should keep their wedding simple.
By the way, it’s a pretty casual affair, so come as you are and remember to bring a tissue or two. After all, what’s a good wedding without a good cry?
About the Author
Jan Karon is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Mitford series, featuring Episcopal priest Father Tim Kavanagh. She has authored several other books, including Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader, and several titles for children. Jan lives in Virginia near the World Heritage site of Jefferson's Monticello.
Praise for Come Rain or Come Shine
“There is nothing like a simple country wedding to bring out the best in people....Loyal readers who have eagerly awaited the events Karon so charmingly offers in the latest addition to her beloved Mitford series will not be disappointed.”—Booklist
“Another delightful novel...Readers will laugh and cry as they share the couple’s big day and the unexpected events that make it especially memorable. Familiar characters, lots of love, some humor, and a few surprises make this essential for all Mitford fans.”—Library Journal
“The latest entry in Karon’s Mitford series continues with all the beloved characters, down-home charm, and deep faith in God that are the hallmarks so beloved of fans.”—Kirkus Reviews